Friday, April 16, 2010

"We're Going to the Zoo! Zoo! Zoo!"

"How about you? You? You?" Anyone else a childhood fan of Sharon, Lois, and Bran? Those were the days... Anyway, we had another great trip to the zoo recently while Jon was busy preparing for his WREBS.

Thanks to Kelly's SUPER-deluxe pass we got access to all of the cool extra amenities like the merry-go-round and horse rides. Zach wasn't sure what to think about it.


You can tell by these pictures that Lucy was absolutely TERRIFIED of getting onto the big draft horse-- when he walked their little heads would bob right into each other, so I can't blame her really. Although half the battle was talking her through her fears while waiting in line, "the horse is SO nice and loves giving princesses rides, and he looks just like Belle's horse Phillipe" etc. She still freaked out when they lifted her up onto the horse, but luckily, she had Dixon to cling to for dear life. I'm not sure if I can get her to do it again.:)



Oh, Zachy. You funny little goat charmer, you!! He LOVED the goats and would get right up in their faces-- he'd even bend over to make eye contact with them if they weren't looking right at him. Before you knew it, he had like 5 goats surrounding him and nuzzling his little hands. Everyone at the petting zoo was laughing their heads off because he was talking to them just like a Goat Whisperer. I wish I'd caught it on tape!

Our Philadelphia Zoo days are numbered....We sure love it!

3 comments:

Gene and Silvia said...

You are truly going to miss your adventures at the Zoo. How funny the Zachy is not afraid of the goats. Luce looked like she enjoyed ridiing the horse. Fun pictures :)

Tom said...

Really, a Goat Whisperer in the family? I'm so . . . what's the word? . . . proud . . . I guess.

Alissa said...

Don't you love that zoo?! I could spend days there...I'm pretty sure I love it as much as my kids do! Lucy looks so cute clinging to Dixon on the horse:)