Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Royal Treatment

A night out on the town is a rare occurrence indeed, so when Jon finally agrees to take me on a date in downtown Philly it is especially exciting!

I clipped this little blurb out of Rachael Ray's magazine--"The 50 Best Burgers" (one for each state)-- probably over a year ago and have had it hanging on my bulletin board ever since, just waiting for the day when we could go check it out. As you can imagine, I've been thinking a lot about the supposed best burger in Pennsylvania and when we finally tried it, it would have a lot to live up to!

Well Friends, it surpassed expectations!! It was AMAZING!! We got the Angus Burger (or the "Royal") which was loaded with lots of yummy toppings, especially this delicious smoked gouda, so I can officially say, it probably is the best burger in Pennsylvania.

It was located slightly off South Street in this funky little off-the-beaten-path bar. I wasn't sure what to expect because when I hear "bar" I think smoky and lots of drunk people, but we actually had great service and the food was really fairly priced. We even indulged in dessert, which is also rare, but we thought it was fitting as it may be our last date night for at least a year.:)

Here it is: "The Royal Tavern." Highly recommended for anyone looking for a great burger you can't find anywhere else!!

And here's my great date. Isn't he cute??

5 comments:

Alissa said...

So great that you guys could get away on a nice date! Good for you! do it while you still can right?! MAN, that burger looks & sounds amazing! I will be sad if I don't get a chance to eat one of these babies. DANG! I want that.

Tom said...

Ahhhh,but was it as good as the burgers at Miner's in Yakima? That's the real question.

Joan Morris said...

Yum! It looks delicious. Now you'll get to explore all the great burgers in Las Vegas... In and Out, McDonald's, Burger King, ...

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I am already hungry again after reading that!! I love me a good burger!

jor said...

You guys find the best places to eat! I'm glad it lived up to the expectations and the pic of you two is adorable!