Sunday, July 29, 2012

First Things First!

WE ARE BAAAACK!! After about a month long vacation to the wild West, we've returned home to the hot and humid South and I'm ready (I think?) to update my faithful readers with the many, many fun things we were able to do while we were gone. Hopefully it isn't too excruciating.:) Get comfy, cuz I gotta do a little catch-up before I can get to the nitty-gritty of the vacation... Here we go!

The weekend before we were to fly to Boise just also happened to be 2 days before my 29th birthday. As I mentioned before, I had already made Whitney buy bus tickets to come see us again, so she basically had no choice but to help me celebrate a little early. We picked her up in Durham and headed to the one and only Cheesecake Factory for lunch.
Zachary was so excited to see Whitney again! He thought it was pretty cool he got THREE mini corn-dogs to himself. Lunch was yummy!!
But the best part was the birthday cheesecake (Godiva chocolate)-- and I finished every last morsel. We then spent the rest of the weekend playing games, watching cool shows, playing with the slip and slide, eating Mellow Mushroom, and enjoying Whitney's company.
Saturday night we discovered our air conditioning had totally gone out, and it was so stinking hot and miserable. We immediately called the landlord only to find out the entire AC unit was BROKEN, and the part they needed to fix it wouldn't arrive until Tuesday or Wednesday. I have never been so hot or miserable in my life! With the temperatures and humidity up in the high 90's, the house was around 96 all day. I snapped this picture early in the morning of our third day of no AC and even though the outside temp. that night had dropped into the 60's and we had all the windows open, the house was STILL roasting at 87!!
(18 weeks 3 days)
For my 29th birthday the best present of all was having the repairman come that afternoon and fix our AC. It ended up costing the homeowner's $1200, so I shouldn't complain too much. The kids and I tried to spend all day away from home so we caught the movie "Brave," did some shopping, and got dinner at Ruby Tuesday with Jon. It was a fun birthday, but after all that drama, I was ready to fly home and enjoy some R&R!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the baby bump. You always look so cute pregnant! Sorry about the AC. I would have died. Literally.

Annette said...

It was fun to catch up on your trips! You have been busy :) And I have to say, congrats on the baby girl! That is so exciting!

Tom said...

I feel your pain. It's hotter than heck in Boise and I am determined, since Ms. Joan isn't around, not to turn on the AC. The house is 84 but I'm only in it at night, and I now sleep down in the basement in Taylor's room. But I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Becca said...

AAAAAAAAW! You are so cute pregnant!

Sarah said...

Bummer of a birthday man! I can't imagine not having AC in this heat. I would have been camping out at the Chick-fil-A.