Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Miss Leah

Lucy has always called baby Leah, "Miss Leah"-- I don't know if it's because she's our little Southern belle, but I've noticed one by one we've all picked it up. And it seems to fit because shes's kind of a diva. If she's not eating or being swaddled in a cuddly blanket and held, she's screaming. Our little peanut definitely has a temper, and takes after Lucy's temperament as a baby more than Zach's. And she HATES baths. She'd rather smell like stinky cheese. Yesterday at her doctor's appointment, she literally screamed until she was blue in the face from start to finish until I wrapped her back up and held her again. At least when they're already screaming you don't feel as bad when they get their shots.:) She weighed 9 lbs. 10 oz. and was 22 in. long, which means she gained 2 lbs and grew an inch in one month. Atta girl, Miss Leah!












During Thanksgiving my very kind sister in law Sarah took the time to take these newborn pictures of Leah, and they turned out AMAZING. She is so talented and it's been fun to watch her skills develop the last couple of years. Each of her little expressions is so precious and she's changing so fast it makes me think I'm losing my mind when I see her one morning, and the next she already looks bigger! THANK YOU Sarah for these treasures!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah! She's so sweet. We love her already. The pics turned out great!

Joan Morris said...

Miss Leah is quite the charmer. I knew she would be over 9 lbs. at her check up. She does love to eat and be held :)

Emily Judd said...

Miss Leah is soooo cute!

Debbie said...

Leah is beautiful. Those ARE great baby pictures!

Tom said...

Apparantly it runs in the family - apparantly, I grew a little bit since my last check-up. You go girl!

Sarah said...

She's such a little cutie. Thank for letting me borrow her for an hour for the pictures.

Becca said...

Those pictures are adorable! What a sweet little girl!