Sunday, September 8, 2013

Super Heroes!

 If you have or have had, a little boy living at your house you probably fully appreciate how important and exciting the world of super heroes is. Zachary-- our resident expert on these things-- is totally into all things Avengers and Justice League, so when I saw this project on Pinterest I immediately enlisted the help of my mom, and we whipped up these cute little felt masks in no time while she was here over Labor Day week!  
 I got the templates online, and they are basically just two pieces of felt sewn together with some elastic in between, and then a little bit of felt decoration glued on. Thankfully my mom did all of the sewing, because while I certainly love to get my craft on, sewing is just not my forte!
Wolverine, Batman, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Wonder Woman (for Lucy), Spiderman, and Captain America.
 Lucy was feeling left out, so I quickly made up a Wonder Woman one so she could wrestle Zach.
 I thought it was appropriate Leah ended up with the Incredible Hulk's mask-- since she's our feistiest baby ever!
I love that when little kids put on a mask they suddenly believe they are the real deal-- Zach's face when they were all finished was priceless. I love our little super heroes! 

4 comments:

Joan Morris said...

They turned out so cute! I'm so glad I was able to help

Gene and Silvia said...

What fun masks!!! Hurray for Grandma Joanie!

Sarah said...

Wow! Nice work!

Tom said...

I wonder which one would fit me best - the Amazingly Incredible Captain Hulk Man Spider Grandpa! Yes!!