Friday, May 23, 2014

Kindergarten or Bust!

My sweet little preschooler has officially graduated this week and is ready to move on to bigger and better things! I'm pretty sure Zach could care less and just wants to enjoy his summer break, but I'm having a hard time figuring out where time went!
 Last Friday his preschool hosted a Field Day for the whole school (about 8 preschool classes from Southern Pines, Aberdeen, and Pinehurst). He was totally looking forward to field day so he could wear his fast running shoes and get his hands on some water balloons! 
 Leah and I dropped him off with his class and then caught up with him a few hours later. He was playing ring toss and was so excited when he saw Leah-- he even let her have a few turns with his rings. He's such a nice brother!
 Afterwards there was lunch provided for the preschoolers and their family members out on the grass. The weather was BEAUTIFUL! It had rained cats and dogs the night before so the ground was a bit soggy, but the rain had dropped the temperature to a perfect sunny 70 degrees. They had turkey and cheese wraps, chips, and cookies.
 Leah just loved getting to be around other kids and nibbled on her wrap for a few minutes before mom finished it for her. Zach wanted her to sit by him, and one of Zach's friends wanted to see his baby sister, so Zach goes, "Jack, if you want to pet my baby sister you have to come sit by me!"  She is kind of like a puppy.
 The following week his preschool had their end of year concert. Jon had to work in Fayetteville that night, so it was just me and the troops. I took them to Chick fil A first for dinner to celebrate, and then we headed over to the church. 
 They sang "Hey Mr. Elephant" and two other songs I can't remember the names of (Leah destroyed my program), and Zach was so cute up there singing his little heart out.
 Walking back to sit with his class after their turn to sing.
 Leah must have slipped herself some caffeine pills before because she was WIRED. Holy moley! She was bouncing off the walls and running for the exit every time I let her down, and then screamed if I held her. Without Jon there I had to improvise, so we hung out in the very back of the church and she was good as long as Lucy played with her. Thank heavens for Lucy! 
 After the concert, right before we had to turn around and take Lucy to swim team. Somehow Leah ended up with no shoes. It was a crazy night!
 Thursday was Zach's official last day, so he helped me give his teachers their thank-you presents (he was SO excited to give them to them he lined up at the front door 10 minutes early waiting to go in). This is his teacher Mrs. Gerdes (Lucy also had her). He loved her.
 Last time lining up at the end of he day and ready to be dismissed! "Walking feet Zach! Walking feet!" I think I heard that one just about every day.
Here he is! Last day of preschool-- and he did great. He learned all of his capital letters, most of his lowercase, he can identify his numbers up to 10, counts pretty well, writes his name, and knows his shapes and colors. Best of all under behavior on his report card, "always" was circled for being on task, controlling his actions, and listening to the teacher. Kindergarten here we come!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for Zach. Looks like a fun day. Can't believe he's going to be a Kindergartener next year.

Love Leah's piggies. That's my favorite.

Gene and Silvia said...

Good for The Zach-O-Man...great job getting through the year and being ready for Kindergarten!!

Joan Morris said...

I want to pet Leah! She looks like pretty cute little puppy with those piggies. Good job Zachy. I wish I could have gone to his program.

Tom said...

Hey Zach, looks like it is time for another haircut. And can you loan me your fast shoes? I could use them about now.