Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sunday Walks

Well, slowly but surely Vegas is beginning to feel like "home." Don't get me wrong-- we are still (well, at least I am) hit with some serious bouts of homesickness for Philly every now and then, especially since it should be fall and it should be cooling down, and we should be going to a pumpkin patch or driving out to Amish country, and we should be enjoying the great autumn colors and weather back East.... But anyway, one great thing about moving is that Jon and I got called as the Sunbeam teachers.

What does this mean? It means I am no longer alone every Sunday, left to get myself and 2 children through a long boring Sunday morning alive and then presentable for church at 1 p.m., and then back home again and dinner on the table all by myself while Jon is in bishopric meetings for 10 hours.

We suddenly have so much time! This is our 5th year of 1 p.m. church in a row (it was destiny!), and we finally have time to take a Sunday walk before church.... Isn't that something?!?

And one of these days it will cool down below 104 degrees, and we will really be singing Vegas' praises. I just know it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You'll love the winter, I promise. Although it is nice to live in a place with 4 seasons. I do miss Philly in the Fall...so pretty.

Joan Morris said...

Zachy looks thrilled to be in that backpack. Just hang in there, it will cool down into the 70's and you'll be loving life while we are in the midst of snow.

teresa said...

how nice! sundays probably feel so different. i'm sorry about the weather, i'll try to send some of our cool days over!

Emily Judd said...

people keep telling me I'll miss California weather in the winter. That i'll get sick of snow. but I don't think so! I won't like driving in it but I love the seasons! It was 108 where i used to live yesterday. ug! Its a little hot here still but i can wear jeans. yay!

your sundays sound heavenly compared to what you used to do. I really enjoy 1:00 church!

Shonna said...

LOL! Probably in the winter it'll get praises. Blake and I had that calling a couple years ago and loved it! Have fun.

Tom said...

I hope by the time I get there for a visit you have a long list of all the really cool (no pun intended) hikes in the area. It will just be one big, glorius, continuous, sunny outdoor hike that we will entitle "Zachy's Mountain Man Education, Part II". I can't wait. Say, has Zachy learned how to throw a double headed axe yet? Just trying to decide what needs to go on the list.

Kay Hinton said...

Tom, you're so funny. There's not much hiking in Vegas. You'll have to come this way. You will love the winter, Sara.