Tuesday, October 26, 2010

VIP and Preschool


Lucy's preschool has come as such an enormous blessing for us this year! I knew she'd love being in something a little more structured than a joy school, but I almost didn't enroll her because she's got a whole other year after this before kindergarten, plus the cost, etc., but I'm so glad I did!

She goes to school with Miss Andrea from 12:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.-- and she is amazing. She does it out of her home with 7 other kids, and she does lots of music, arts and crafts, and teaches letters, shapes, numbers, and colors as well as sign language for everything. They get to do Show and Tell when they arrive, then they sing songs, and have a snack. Then they get a recess break while she sets up the materials for the craft or project they're doing for the day.

This month Lucy got to be the VIP-- so she brought home a poster to make to tell all about herself to her class:
Age: 3 1/2 years
Weight: 43 lbs.
Height: 42 inches
Favorite Color: Pink
Things I Like: Dance, Puppies, Cupcakes, Spaghetti, Books, Halloween
My Friends: Dixon, Paisley, Taylor (a babysitter at the YMCA)
Favorite Place To Go: Both my Grandma's Houses
If I Could Have One Wish: I'd get a pony!

Zachary and I got to visit her at class on Tuesday and bring some of Lucy's favorite things to show the class. She also helped me make sugar cookies in the shape of pumpkins for Halloween, but with pink frosting instead of orange. I loved seeing her in class!!


Miss Andrea told me about a week or two after they'd started that Lucy had made a new best friend named Paisley (dressed as Cleopatra in the picture), and that they were INSEPARABLE. This is true!! We've had Paisley over for a few play dates and vise verse, and all Lucy talks about is Paisley, Paisley, Paisley!! Apparently they hog the swings at recess (there are only 2), so they race outside to beat everyone else to them, and one day Lucy didn't get there quick enough but Paisley and another little boy did, so she slugged the boy in the stomach and said, "This swing is for my friend Lucy!!" Lucy's having a new BF has made my life so much easier!!




On Thursday they got to go to school dressed up for a Halloween party, and then they did a parade for the mommies before we picked them up. It was so fun to see all her friends dressed up and showing off their costumes!! I'm so glad there is a time that exists when school is just pure fun.:) We love our preschooler!!

9 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Lucy looks so grown up. She is so cute. I hope the little boy that Paisley slugged was the kid in the Utah football uniform (just kidding).

Gene and Silvia said...

She is soooo cute. I am glad she has found a friend.

Sarah said...

Lol at your mom's comment. I was thinking the same thing. I love that her babysitter at the Y is one of her friends,

Matt, Calli, & Dixon said...

So cool! I hope I will be able to find Dixon a cool preschool like that! And how cute that Luce involved Dixon in her poster! I love it! It warms my heart! She is precious! Miss you!

Alissa said...

Yay for preschool! That is so exciting! Lucy looks like she just loves it! I had so much fun reading through all your recent post, I love that you are keeping the blog alive so I can see what you're up to even though we're so far away! Miss you guys:) Ps. Zachy is getting so huge! Love his haircut!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Pre-school is a parents best friend!!! Glad Lucy loves it sooo much!!! I have to tell you that your post on Zachy reminds me a lot of Preston (sorry!)

Unknown said...

I'm glad she's having a good time at preschool learning things and making new friends. I still remember the BFF that I all the way up until second grade when we moved to California.

Kay Hinton said...

Does she go every day? It looks like you hit the jackpot (sorry, but you do live in Vegas) on pre-school teachers. I'm also loling at Joan's comment. It sounds more like a Tom comment and I know he DOES sometimes sneak in on Joan's account . .. just sayin.

jor said...

I love her pigtails! Looks like a fun preschool.