Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lucy's Preschool Graduation

Sad, sad day!! You have finally arrived... Lucy's last day of preschool was last Thursday, and her teacher the beloved Miss Andrea held a graduation in the kids' honor. I don't know who will be more lost without those glorious Tuesday and Thursday afternoons-- Lucy or me? The 8 little monsters marched in to the "ABC's" with matching caps and gowns and then sang several songs they'd learned throughout the year.
My favorite was about not telling a lie, and "if you do you feel like you might die-- your heart will race, you'll get red in the face," etc. Loved it. Lucy sang with such gusto! Then the kids were called up one at a time to get a binder full of some of their artwork, and their official graduation certificate. Lucy's class--Jenna, Ammon, John, Cullel, Lucy, Logan, Cannon, and Paisley. It's so cute how she came to love each of these kids over the year-- she really worried when someone was sick, or told me when someone was out of town or got in trouble, etc. And can you believe Lucy's still the 2nd tallest in her class?? Lucy's best friend and partner in crime, Paisely, whom she met through preschool. They are peas in a pod and we will sure miss Paisley next year!:( Lucy's hero-- Miss Andrea. She taught Lucy a TON. She started the year off knowing two letters (A and L) but has completed it knowing all the letters and their sounds, how to write the lower and capital letters, the ASL signs for them, she recognizes all of her numbers up to 12, how to count up to 20, all of her colors and shapes, she learned to write her name, memorized her address and phone number, and lots more. I think this will be a hard act for someone to follow in North Carolina... I think the fact that Lucy got to go play at Paisley's house after graduation took some of the sting away-- but now I'm scrambling on how I'm going to keep her entertained for another 2 days during the week this summer!

7 comments:

Gene and Silvia said...

Way to go Luce!!! Congratulations on graduating from Pre-school. We love you very much!

Shonna said...

Congrats Lucy! She's so photogenic. Way to go!

Joan Morris said...

Her teacher is so cute. I'm so glad you found such a fabulous preschool. I'm sure you'll find a great one in North Carolina. Congrats to little Lucy.

jor johnson said...

Great preschool teachers are the best!! Looks like she had a fun group of friends too. Moving often is so hard! I'm sure you will find somethin ggreat in N. Carolina too.

Pal & Hatty said...

Lucy is growing up! Looks like she had a great year in pre-school. I am excited for you and your family and the adventure that awaits you in North Carolina - it is a beautiful state!

Kay Hinton said...

Wbat a cute, happy post. I'm so glad you found a great pre-school teacher.

Sarah said...

A and L. That's hilarious. I can't wait to get my hands on that little graduate!