Sunday, May 6, 2012

Di'lishi!

Although Pinehurst is small, it is growing. In fact, supposedly this area is one of the three fastest growing in all of North Carolina right now. Within the last 9 months of us being here, several new places have opened and several more are slated to open in the next few months which is very, very exciting! Where there used to just be Ross and TJMaxx, now we have a Kohl's that opened last month. Hobby Lobby should be opening any day now, and a Dick's Sporting Goods is opening next fall. There's even a Costco being built in Cary (45 min. away) versus Raleigh where we are going right now (90 min. away). We also got a Rita's, Texas Roadhouse, and now, drum roll please, a frozen yogurt place called Di'lishi! HOORAY!

I. LOVE. FROZEN. YOGURT. BARS. It's the tangier less heavy taste (I really dislike ice cream which is weird, I know), plus the fact that you can load all sorts of bad-for-you toppings that seals the deal. When we left Las Vegas I was beyond sad to leave our neighborhood U-Swirl. We kept that joint in business!
My favorite combo is the raspberry pomegranate sorbet, usually twisted with the tangy plain (or vanilla) flavor, with lots of Reeses peanut butter cups on top. When armed with this wacky combination, nobody wants to share with me which is fine by me. It has some PBJ notes that are addictive.
The fact that we've already been here THREE times in its opening week tells you we are glad they came!

6 comments:

Brett & Katie Johnson said...

We are missing you guy a lot. Tell Lucy that paisley keeps asking why Lucy has been away so long. She misses you Lucy!!!!

Joan Morris said...

I love the pictures of Lucy and Zachy eating their yogurt. I think I'll pass on your flavor combination though ;)

Gene and Silvia said...

We just got a couple of frozen Yogurt places in Yakima--we'll have to go there when you come over in July :)

Sarah said...

I still laugh about how Kohl's was THE place to be in Pinehurst.

Tom said...

Is Zach eating his yogurt with his hands?! What in the heck in the world is going on out there?!!!

Emily Judd said...

its been way to long since I've checked your blog! I am not an ice cream fan either, but I don't love frozen yogurt. Sad. But I LOVE the sorbets that they have at those places now!