Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Spooky Baby Shower ...

I've never been to Jon's work. Never. Isn't that awful?!? What kind of wife am I?!? He's worked there for 1 1/2 years and again, I've never been to his office. In my defense, he does work 45 minutes away in a direction I never have cause to go in or stop and "drop by" for. And apparently his co-workers have taken note of this unintentional avoidance because they thought it was pretty weird too. So when they found out we were expecting they decided to throw me a baby shower to finally get me in the door! I thought this was beyond generous and thoughtful of them, and totally unnecessary considering they don't even know me, but Jon said they really wanted to do it, and that ANY excuse for a party that got them a 2 hour lunch break was worth it... I was happy to provide one for them!
So yesterday they threw me a Halloween baby shower, and I got to see Jon's office (finally), and meet all of the people he works with and literally spends more time with day in and day out than he does me. The girls really went all out. Apparently one of them even brought her husband and kids in on Sunday afternoon for 3 hours to decorate the break room with the Halloween theme.
She even made this super cute haunted castle completely out of diapers for the centerpiece, arranged all the food for the lunch, painted a bunch of pumpkins pink for decoration, and basically planned the whole thing. She put a TON of work into. How nice is that?!?
Everyone kept asking Jon where we were registered, but this being our third and all, I really don't need anything and luckily all of Lucy's clothes are in the right season, so he told everybody diapers and wipes. One of Jon's other assistants made this little motorcycle out of diapers-- people are so clever!!
All in all, I was really impressed with how generous and nice the people are that Jon gets to work with. I felt very spoiled. This isn't a very good picture so it doesn't do it justice, but we came home with a car FULL of diapers and wipes. And since that's the only thing I hadn't bought yet, I think that we're finally ready for this baby to come!!

5 comments:

Joan Morris said...

What cute shower decorations. I could never even begin to imagine how to make a motorcycle and a castle out of diapers. I'm glad you finally got to meet everyone. Sounds like they really like Jonathan and are great people.

Gene and Silvia said...

Hs neat is that? Great bunch to work with and a very special thing to do! Congratulations!

Emily Judd said...

wow! that is the nicest thing ever!

Unknown said...

I love the Halloween-themed baby shower. How fun! By the way, did you request a certain type of diapers? I have to ask, because I've kind of become a diaper snob. Sophie only did good in Pampers when she was little and now only Huggies. I'm not making it up! I've tried all of the less expensive brands and I always end up with a soggy kid after two hours. :(

Shonna said...

How sweet of them!!! And it's all absolutely adorable. I love the pink polka-dotted pumpkin. Glad they spoiled you--you deserve it. And little Leah is so little and sweet. I'd love to hold that cute little bundle. Give her a kiss from her auntie BD.