Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Bed Fit for a Princess


Behold! Lucy's beautiful new bed frame! And this isn't just any ol' bed frame-- this was custom made, hand-crafted, just like the Amish do it back in the old country of Pennsylvania.


Lucy's BFF Paisley has a super, SUPER talented mom who was looking at bed frames at Pottery Barn online one day (which are upwards of $600), when she decided she'd just try making one herself for about a fifth of the price. And she did. She made it, never having dabbled in carpentry before. I had to explain that to Jon a couple of times-- like "no, she really cut the wood herself, measured and hammered it together and painted it, etc." So when I showed it to him on their family blog, I got permission and begged her to make Lucy one. Some great friend I am, huh?:)

I offered of course to pay for labor and supplies, but I still think I got the better end of the bargain because it turned out beautiful, and we LOVE. it.
Now I may just have to see what she's got up her sleeve on a boy bed for little Zachy before we move...:)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

The same one painted blue! Here's one I found for me. Think she'd do it?

http://www.freshhomeideas.com/diy-projects/decorating-ideas/how-to-make-a-pressed-tin-headboard

Joan Morris said...

So cute! I wish I was able to do that kind of stuff :)

Annette said...

Super cute! I want a fun bed frame too!

Tamar and Trevor said...

My sister made one for her daughter...I am totally in awe, I can't even hold a saw for fear of loosing a body part.

Kay Hinton said...

So cute!

Shonna said...

That is such a cute bed! Your friend is quite talented.

jor johnson said...

AWESOME!!!